020 8304 3997
C & D Restoration
Back to Commercial Portfolio

The Old Rectory

Complete lime render, rebuilding chimney stacks, Replace brickwork and pointing

A house fit for a king - as evidenced by the fact that Henry VIII deigned to stay when taken ill on a tour of his Surrey palaces in 1546.

The Old Rectory was the earliest great house and probably the first brick house to be built in Wimbledon. It was built around 1500 as a parsonage in an area of farmland, before becoming Crown property when Henry VIII broke with Rome.

It is a breathtaking understatement. Even in 1550 The Old Rectory was more mansion than a house. C & D Restoration Ltd was commissioned to use their specialist tradesman to carry out an extensive restoration in two phases.

Phase 1

  • Lime rendering to the whole building, part flat and part rough cast including removal of all defective rendering back to the sub structure.
  • The dismantling and rebuilding of the tudor chimney stacks, the replacements of the ornate terracotta pots.
  • The replacements of brickwork and pointing.
  • Replace defective Bath stone (Stoke ground base bed) sections to chimney stacks dismantled.
  • Replace curved sections of stone turret (Red Mansfield ashlar stone and string courses).

Phase 2

  • To manufacture and install new Bath stone front bay around main dining room including rubble walling
  • Full and half column installation (encasing a steel beam).
  • Form two new tracery window surrounds to dining room.
  • Gable copings to front and rear (extension).
  • Form two new windows to the front of the extension.
  • Rear balcony terrace - new bay formed.

Need a free no obligation quote?

get in touch
C & D are Stonehealth approved C & D are members of Constructionline C & D are Exor accredited C & D are Safe Contractor approved C & D are Chas accredited C & D are members of Stone Federation

Registered Office: 18 Crook Log, Bexleyheath DA6 8BP - Copyright © C & D Restoration Ltd - All rights reserved

Website by Andi Best